“EFOMP has just produced a document on QC in Digital Mammography.
This is the first of the series on quality control and has concentrated on the need for harmonization of quality controls in (QCs) digital mammography.
In it protocols are described with the intention of fulfilling the following criteria:
- Tests included in the protocol have been selected on the basis of their relevance/priority (“Keep it simple”).
- The protocol should be applicable to any type of digital mammography system (DR and CR).
- The protocol should be “compatible” or at least “not in contradiction” with other existing protocols.
- The protocol should not require the use of a specific test object, and consequently, should be “tolerant” about image quality parameters and criteria.
- The protocol should be widely applicable and adaptable to local regulations.
- The protocol should provide clear instructions about each test procedure, in order to minimize the potential for misinterpretation.
The document can be downloaded free of charge from the EFOMP website, please visit http://www.efomp.org/index.php/scientific-guidance-and-protocols.”